1) If writing a check for your rent, please note that you must make that check out to Realty Management Associates or RMA.
2) If you pay rent to RMA using a check or certified funds, please note that you must put your name AND the property address on it.
3) Our monthly reminder – have you changed filters recently? If not, please do so right away. Clean filters improve the performance of your furnace and keeps your air quality free of allergens and dust. If you don’t know where to find your filters, or how to change them, call your property manager.
4) Important information regarding sprinkler blow outs will be available in your TWA. You will also receive a letter from us explaining what to expect for that process. Please remember to turn off your sprinkler systems and remove your hoses from the spigots outside of your home.
5) For those of you with crawl spaces, please be sure that your crawlspace vents are closed. If you are unsure of where they are or how to do that, please contact your property manager.
If you have any maintenance concerns for your yard or your home, please CONTACT US! All maintenance concerns should be submitted through property meld, accessed on our website, under the Tenant Tab – Maintenance Request – Submit Work Order. Also, there is a “Maintenance Request” link on the dark blue bar at the top.
Noise Levels In Your Home
By Kristal Clark
We all have at least one story, you’ve heard it before! You were trying to sleep, and a neighbor was being extremely loud in some way or another, making your nightly routine much more difficult. Noise is defined as “unwanted sound” and too much of it is bad for you. Surprisingly however, noise is bad for more than just your ears. Noise can cause stress levels to rise, which increases your cortisol levels. Over time, this can lead to high blood pressure and even a higher risk of stroke. Noise can also disturb sleep. Sleep is crucial for our bodies’ cell regeneration and general health, both mentally and physically. Even faint noise may disrupt sleep and cause negative effects, though it may not be loud or sustained enough to wake us up completely. Finally, noise can disrupt concentration, which can be detrimental to your work or relaxation.
That is why RMA has a tenant agreement in all our leases that states that tenants will adhere to quiet hours from 10 pm until 8 am the next morning. For those of you with single family homes, this can be a little bit easier since the threat of noise is a little farther away. However, there are still things to be mindful of, such as lawnmowing late at night or early in the morning. For those of you in community living spaces, it can be a little bit more difficult. There is more than outside noise to consider. Even walking too heavily in an upstairs unit can be extremely loud to those below you. In the lease it states that tenants will stop playing musical instruments, and limit radio and television noise to a low level so as not to disturb their neighbors. All tenants must keep in mind that their guests are always held to those same standards in the premises.
We all know how annoying noise can be—but the amount it impacts your life is controllable, so long as you are mindful for yourself and for those around you!