1) Realty Management Associates Inc has implemented a new policy change and starting immediately RMA will no longer allow subletting of residential rental properties to take place. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your property manager.
2) If writing a check for your rent, please note that you must make that check out to Realty Management Associates or RMA.
3) If you pay rent to RMA using a check or certified funds, please note that you must put your name AND the property address on it.
4) Our monthly reminder – have you changed filters recently? Every winter, with the first hard freeze we get calls for broken heating furnaces. In almost every case this is because the tenant has not been changing out the filters on a regular basis as they should have been. Avoid a break down and days of freezing in your home and change your furnace filters now!
5) All the usual cold weather reminders are still in effect. We may not have snow in the valley, but the temperatures are still dipping below freezing most nights. So, whether you are home or away, keep your heat in the 60s to prevent freezing pipes.
6) Your foundation vents should have been closed for the winter. This reduces freezing air from creating a hazard to crawl space plumbing and will also help to keep your home warmer. But remember, as it turns to Spring weather to open these vents up to promote healthy air circulation.
7) If your gutters are full of leaves and debris, you may notice them overflowing when it rains, or sagging from weight, or growing plants. If you witness any of these tell-tale signs, please take a photo of the evidence and submit it to us through the property meld system on our website so that we can issue a work order.
If you have any maintenance concerns for your yard or your home, please CONTACT US! All maintenance concerns should be submitted through property meld, accessed on our website, under the Tenant Tab – Maintenance Request – Submit Work Order. Also, there is a “Maintenance Request” link on the dark blue bar at the top.