This month’s newsletter seems to have moving as the theme. March is once of our biggest turnover months, so this information could be of value to you.
Caseboise, is offering some free moving boxes and a sharpie – essential tools for a move! Read the article below for more information.
Last month it seemed like spring was here. Now we have been plunged back into mid winter! But despite the cold, snowy, wintery weather, we have faith that spring is just around the corner and we will be scheduling spring clean up over the next couple of months for those properties whose owners have requested this service.
After the early warm spell, its easy to forget about potential freezing risks. So stay on alert and remember to close your garage door, make sure exterior faucets are still winterized and keep your heat to at least 60F if you leave town.
If you have any maintenance concerns for your yard or your home please CONTACT US! All maintenance concerns should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. cc: email@example.com. In the SUBJECT line state: MAINTENANCE REQUEST. We really appreciate you helping us to help you keep your home in tip-top condition.
Satellite Services – Same Day TV Installations!
If you just recently moved into one of our rentals you will have received instructions regarding Digital Home PM LLC. Digital Home is the authorized and exclusive installion vendor for RMA for your satellite services. However, those of you who have been renting from us for a while and already have satellite services may be interested in knowing what Digital Home can offer you!
- High Speed Internet
- VOIP (Voice over Internet) phone service
- Satellite TV
Dish Network and DirecTV are constantly running competitive specials, Digital Home may be able to save you money on an upgrade or you may want to switch to the other provider for less cost. Digital Home is an authorized sales agent for CenturyLink, Dish Network, DirecTV, and AT&T. They can give you an honest quote for home phone, high speed Internet service and satellite TV, including the additional fees & taxes that most salepeople forget to tell you about. They can also provide all Cable One services. You can purchase any of these services through Digital Home individually, or bundled with no term commitment!
Digital home prides themselves on providing the best offers on new promotions. They will hook up your existing equipment, maintain your system, and can also upgrade your equipment based on eligibility. So give Digital Home a call, and see what they can do for you! They’ll make you happy, and they make us happy because they install all equipment to our standards, protecting our rental properties from the damaging consequenses of inferior technician work.
DirecTV has a special offer in March - $200 Visa Gift Card to new customers! Give Digital Home a call today to see if you qualify.
On The Move?
Moving is such a daunting task, especially if you are packing and moving on a budget. Caseboise Moving Company has been assisting Treasure Valley residents with their moving needs since 2009. Owners Jeni, Michael Case and their three children are involved in all aspects of their business. It will be their cheerful voices you will reach when you call, and most likely one, or two of them will be on the job when it comes to your move. Jeni is clear in their mission to not be the biggest or flashiest moving company, but instead to be the most honest, reliable, hardest working, and to provide the best customer service. If you think a professional move is out of your budget, you may want to speak with Jeni before committing to a national “rent-a-truck” company. You might be surprised at how affordable Caseboise is, when you pencil out the numbers. Caseboise is here to meet YOUR needs and YOUR budget!
To help you with your move, Jeni Case has provided some valuable moving “tips”, that can save you time and money.
1. PLAN AHEAD. Create a timeline. It’s never too early to call a mover to schedule an onsite walkthrough or get an estimate. Good moving companies can be booked several weeks out during peak season, especially on Saturday’s. If you plan to move yourself, schedule your rental truck and enlist your help.
2. CREATE A CHECKLIST. Establish a checklist to include notifying services, transferring utilities and submitting change of address. (link to Allstate’s printable checklist - Whom to notify when you move)
3. PURGE. Since you are already sorting your stuff, it’s a perfect time to donate, sell or throw away items you no longer need or want. This reduces the quantity of stuff you need to pack, move and unpack. As long as you notify them enough in advance, you can schedule free donation pickups from the ARC, the Youth Ranch and St. Vincent’s.
4. BE THRIFTY. Gently used moving boxes are great. Watch on Craigslist, Facebook or Nexdoor.com for free moving boxes. Standard moving boxes are best, they stack more efficiently on hand trucks and the moving truck.
5. GET PACKING. Create a timeline with goals, so you don’t find yourself rushing at the last minute. Start with items that are not frequently used, including art and décor. Start in areas not as frequently used (guest bedroom, bonus rooms etc.) Remember to pack heavy items (books, weights etc.) in small moving boxes. Use large boxes for lighter items, such as clothing and spare bedding. Pack an essential item box (or clear tote) with things you will need that night and the following morning.
6. PROTECT. Make sure as you are packing that goods inside are adequately protected. (Correctly packed boxes should be able to be moved on a hand truck with 4-5 other boxes on top and stacked in a truck with 8-10 boxes on top.) Use what you have on hand, as well as bubble wrap, foam sleeves and packing paper. Blankets and towels can be used on artwork and lamp bases. Throw pillows and extra bed pillows can be packed in front of computer and TV screens, as well as around nested lamp shades.
7. LABEL. Label boxes clearly on top and on a side with the destination room and the contents. You can help the movers be even more efficient by color coding with post-its, electrical tape, colored duct tape, etc. and then label the door way of that room in your new home. Be sure you label fragile items as such.
8. LEAVE DRESSERS FULL. As long as dressers are sturdy (solid wood, not pressboard), clothing can remain inside. Armoires and cabinets can be filled with pillows and light bedding. Movers will shrink wrap these items to keep them closed in transit. This will reduce packing and unpacking time and space required in a truck.
9. BE READY. Have everything boxed, labeled and taped shut, prior to the mover’s arrival. For budget minded moves, boxes and small furniture items can be staged in the garage or the main floor stacked by size, 4-6 boxes tall. (in hand truck stacks). Roll up area rugs. Disconnect appliances. Breakdown beds and disconnect any other furniture that will require it to be safely moved. Have an idea on the layout of the larger furniture items, so you can readily direct the movers. If you are extremely budget conscience, you can hire movers to just move the “large items”, such as furniture and appliances, while moving small items and boxes yourself. The more organized and ready you are the less time and money you will spend on movers and/or truck rental, who charge by the hour.
10. FOCUS and ENERGIZE. Make sure you have proper arrangements for kids and pets. Have plenty of snacks and liquids (caffeinated is best), so that you can keep up your energy and focus. Be present and available for the movers, particularly on the unload, so you can direct them and answer questions as needed.
Caseboise is offering our tenants a free survey of items to be moved to prepare an estimate, 5 new small moving boxes and a sharpie! This offer will expire April 30th and is limited to Treasure Valley moves only. If you are going to be moving in the next couple of months, call Jeni to schedule a survey today!
We Want To Thank You for Being Such Great Tenants!
Coffee On Us!
We are running a Facebook campaign to increase our number of LIKES and also to increase our reviews. If you haven’t already LIKED our page or left us a FB review we’d LOVE your help, and we want to award you with a coffee gift card, just for clicking the link below and liking our page. However, we can’t track exactly who likes our page unless you leave a review. So for everyone who leaves us a review and likes our page before March 10, we will send a $5 coffee gift card.
Don’t forget to view the Tenant Resources Page to redeem VIT coupons.
There are some with no expiration date – well worth checking out!