Meeting the Needs of Residential Property Managers
The National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®), founded in October 1988, provides a permanent trade organization for the residential property management industry. NARPM® continues to be the premier professional association of residential property managers, currently representing over 4,000 members comprised of real estate agents, brokers, managers and their employees.
- NARPM® promotes a high standard of business ethics, professionalism and fair housing practice. The Association also certifies its members in the standards and practices of the residential property management industry and promotes continuing professional education.
- NARPM® is an association of real estate professionals who know first-hand the unique problems and challenges of managing single-family and small residential properties.
- NARPM® members know that education and communication raise the level of our profession, so that we may better represent our clients.
- NARPM® is here to represent the interest of property managers.
Why You Need a Professional
- Better renter selection, background checks, and pre-screening.
- Maintenance contracts save you money.
- Rental listings are taken care of, and usually reach a larger audience.
- Property Management fees are usually considered a tax deduction.
CRMC® – Certified Residential Management Company
This esteemed designation is awarded to those professional property management firms that demonstrate a high standard in both procedures and customer service. A detailed examination of the company and recommendations from clients and peers are required for this designation.
- Have an MPM® designee on staff.
- Provide verification of 500 unit years of management experience. (One unit year equals management of 1 residential unit for 1 year.)
- Successfully complete an on-site visit from a NARPM® auditor selected by the Certification Committee.
MPM® – Master Property Manager
- Be a current member of NARPM®.
- Be a currently licensed real estate agent for a period of not less than the 5 previous years. (If your state requires licensing.)
- Have achieved the RMP® designation.
- Provide verification of 500 unit years of experience acquired over a minimum of 5 consecutive years. (One unit year equals management of 1 residential unit for 1 year.) Must manage a minimum of 50 units during and at completion of candidacy.
- Successfully complete 24 hours of NARPM® approved coursework.
- Earn 200 elective points (which includes the RMP® points earned) through service to NARPM®, local chapters and the property management industry.
- Attend at least two NARPM® National Conventions prior to completing candidacy that were not counted for RMP® candidacy.
- Submit sealed letters of recommendation from 2 MPM® designees and 3 clients.
RMP® – Residential Management Professional
- Be a current member of NARPM®.
- Be a currently licensed real estate agent for a period of not less than the 2 previous years. (If your state requires licensing.)
- Verification of 100 unit years of experience acquired over a minimum of two consecutive years. (One unit year equals management of 1 residential unit for 1 year.) Must manage a minimum of 25 residential units during candidacy period and at the time of achieving the designation.
- Successfully complete 18 hours of NARPM® approved coursework, plus the NARPM® Ethics course.
- Earn 50 elective points through service to NARPM®.
- Attend two NARPM® state or regional conferences OR one NARPM® national convention prior to completing candidacy.
- Submit sealed letters of recommendation from 2 RMP® or MPM® designees and 3 clients.