Free stuff from Idaho Power and a fabulous discount for Idaho River Sports - it may be winter, but watersports fun keeps going all year long. Oh……. and don’t forget to read through the reminders list!
- Leaves are everywhere! We have enjoyed the most spectacular fall colors this year, and recently some beautiful weather to get out and enjoy them! But now the leaves are falling in earnest, so get your rake out and be prepared for a weekly rake-up until the snow flys! Refer to last month’s newsletter to learn how best to dispose of the leaves.
- Time to cut back the perennials. Many perennial plants benefit from cutting to the ground. A generous topping of mulch will keep them toasty in winter and help feed new spring growth. Pick up some free compost from the Boise City compost program if you live in Boise.
- It’s time to disconnect garden hoses from outside faucets and wrap faucets with insulating substance.
- Have you changed the HVAC filters? If not, please be sure to.
- Sprinklers blow out is continuing into November. If your irrigation system hasn’t been winterized by Thanksgiving, please contact Pam right away: email@example.com
- HVAC service and Dryer Vent blow out service will be scheduled over the coming weeks for those properties whose owners have requested these maintenance items.
- Keep household temperatures set to a minimum of 68F, especially if you leave town for a few days. You never know when the temperature will suddenly drop, and you don’t want to come back to frozen or burst pipes!
If you have any maintenance concerns for your yard or your home please CONTACT US! All maintenance concerns should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. cc: email@example.com. In the SUBJECT line state: MAINTENANCE REQUEST. We really appreciate you helping us to help you keep your home in tip-top condition.
Make Your Home More Energy Efficient for FREE!
As Idaho Power puts it “Save energy, Save money!” And Idaho Power wants to help us save energy. All you have to do is ask. Their FREE energy saving kit includes:
- LED bulbs
- LED nightlight
- High-effficiency showerhead and facet aerators
- Shower timer
- Digital thermometer
- And more!
Give Idaho Power a call at 1-800-465-6045 or visit them online to order your FREE kit. Every household is elegible for this energy saving kit - you don’t need to be the homeowner to qualify. It’s the residential unit itself that qualifies, so provided a prior tenant hasn’t claimed this nice little package, it’s all yours!
Keep reading for great activity ideas and special offers……
Idaho River Sports
It may seem like a strange time of year to be talking about water sports, but just because we are heading into winter, it doesn’t mean Idaho River Sports goes into hibernation! Idaho River Sports is celebrating 30 years serving the paddling community. Providing equipment, apparel, classes and rentals for Kayaking, Surfing, Swimming, Yoga, Rafting and SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding).
Now is the perfect time to prepare yourself for next year’s water sports season. The upcoming Small Business Saturday event, (Saturday after Thanksgiving), offers some of the best discounts of the year, a great opportunity to equip yourself for next season and pick up some fantastic Christmas gifts.
Want to get a head start on fitness and skills for spring paddling? Check out the classes which, in November, move indoors to the downtown YMCA. Maybe you’re more in the mood for couch surfing? No worries, visit Idaho River Sports website to view instructional videos! Did you know there are SUP competitions? Of course you did - all sports have competitions! There are slalom, obstacle, team relay and downriver sprint or time trial competitions to participate in. Right here in Boise! We may be a landlocked state, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have amazing water sports we can enjoy, right In the middle of the city!
To get your water sports fun off to an early start next year, Idaho River Sports is offering an exclusive offer to our Very Important Tenants (VIT) of 50% off Kayak, Canoe and Paddleboard pond rentals. Offer valid through May 15, 2018. In the mean time, pop into their store on White Water Blvd. and take advantage of a 10% discount coupon on regular priced items.
Positive Feedback Always Appreciated
We just received a really nice note from one of our tenants. She delivered it with the rent check. She noted that her gutters had been cleaned by our service vendors and that “they did a very good and professional job!” We LOVE to get notes like that. If you have a similar positive experience with one of our service vendors, please post it as a Google or Facebook Review. We always thank our tenants for their positive reviews with a small gift.
Don’t forget to view the Tenant Resources Page to redeem VIT coupons.
There are some with no expiration date – well worth checking out!