It’s the second month of a new year and already most new year’s resolutions are long forgotten.
But don’t worry! If your resolution this year was to get smarter about money, then it’s not too late to get some help and make your resolution a reality. Check out our piece on Money Smarts and take advantage of a generous discount offer by Richmond Solutions.
- January snows brought beauty to the Treasure Valley, but it also caused havok! Frozen pipes, ice dams causing leaky roofs, collapsed car ports and covered patios are some of the results of a 30-year record breaking snow fall. Please help us to keep your home in good shape. We need you to report any concerns you notice as problems may be revealed with snow melt:
- Excessive standing water in a particular area, especially against the house
- Gutters they may have pulled away from the house. Gutter drainage pipes that may have become detached.
- Check for missing roof tiles. (please do not get up on the roof) Also check for roof vents that may have been damaged by sliding snow.
- If you have any of these maintenance concerns. Email Pam@rentalsinboise.com
- Make sure dryer vents aren’t blocked to the outside by snow or ice! This is very important! Failure to clear vents could lead to a house fire.
- If you still have snow on the shady side of the house and it’s piled up against the home or garage or near a door to the basement, shovel it away from the structure so that gradual snow melt doesn’t cause moisture problems.
- Unusually cold weather has been requiring our furnaces to work double time. Did you remember to change the filters in the Fall? If not, do it now! You will get at least a 5% improvement in efficiency from your furnace with clean filters. More efficiency means lower utility bills.
- Snow, snowmelt chemicals, and mud from melting snow, all mean an extra amount of wear and tear on your flooring. If you have a wood floor, be sure you wash it well to remove not just the dirt, but also any snowmelt chemicals you could be traipsing in from walking around town or the mall parking lot or wherever. If you have carpet - same applies, but you will need a professional carpet cleaner to pull all that dirt from the traffic areas.
Are you Money Smart?
Could you use help with your Budget, Debt or Wealth Plan?
Richmond Solutions Has the Solution for YOU!
The year was 2009. Life was good. Troy Richmond was working for a Fortune 50 company as a Corporate Accountant. His wife was an Assistant Director of an early child-care center. They had a rental property that was cash flowing, and their daughter was excelling in school. They were all healthy and happy. Then their lives were turned upside down when, in a two-month period mid-year, both Troy and his wife lost their jobs. Life became very challenging as income was reduced by 60% and their savings dwindled. Neither of them were eligible for unemployment benefits, and the SBA loan that was to finance Troy’s purchase of a small accounting firm was declined. Things went from bad to worse when tragedy struck! Their daughter’s appendix burst. They had just lost their health insurance, and with medical costs for emergency surgery and a week stay in hospital, medical bills piled up.The next year, both of Troy’s parents became ill. Constant traveling to visit his ailing parents 230 miles away took a further toll on their finances. In the midst of all this the Richmonds
found David Ramsey. After listening to a few of his shows and reading his book The Total Money Makeover, the Richmonds set their course for a debt free life. Over the next few years, the Richmonds managed to pay off $130,000 in debt and became debt free except for their home mortgage.
Troy is now the owner of Richmond Solutions. He has proudly coordinated 4 FPU, (Financial Peace University), courses with over 95 students paying off and/or saving close to $900,000. And he recently completed the FCMT (Financial Coaches Master Training) at Ramsey Solutions in Nashville, TN. Troy’s mission is simple and fueled by passion: Help get American businesses and individuals out of debt. The National Debt is nearing $20 trillion. That’s $20,000,000,000,000.00. (If you stacked up $20-trillion worth of dollar bills, it would supposedly reach something like 1,200 miles high. If you lived to be 80 years old, you’d have to spend about $700 million a day to run out of money.) Credit card and student loan debt are reaching scary levels. There is a lot in this world that is out of our control but budgeting, reducing debt and building wealth is something we CAN control.
If you are trying to reduce your debt and maybe save up for a down payment to buy a house, Troy can help. Initial consultation is free, so you have nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain by contacting Richmond Solutions.
Troy is offering a 50% discount ($87.50) value for his Personal Financial Coaching exclusively to RMA tenants. This offer will expire March 31, so act now! Get your coupon from our Tenant Resource Page.
Keep reading for great activity ideas and special offers……
Rice - Contemporary Asian Cuisine
This unique Asian fusion restaurant in Eagle offers an intense variety of contemporary Asian cuisine. Featuring cuisine influenced by China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, and India. Rice strives to use only the freshest, authentic ingredients to bring you flavors of the Far East. Also serving Gluten Free and Vegan dishes! Their dedicated Chef's are constantly educating themselves on the newest, freshest, and most creative ways to entice your palate. Stop in on Wednesdays for Ladies Night and enjoy petite snacks ranging in price from $2.99 - $8.99. Also offering half off bottles of wine and skinny and warm drinks. On Thursdays buy 2 for 1 drinks all night long from 4pm to close while enjoying live music from 6pm to 9pm.
Boise Little Theater
Idaho’s longest running, all volunteer, community theater!
Boise Little Theater is presenting A Streetcar Named Desire, by famous playwrite by Tennessee Williams. This celebrated play had a long and successful run on Broadwayand the road. A tragic and effective drama ranking as one of the greatest in our theater. February 25 and selected dates in March.
Boise Little Theater http://boiselittletheater.org/current-season/
What To Do About Town?
Sponsored by Tia Crabtree – Front Street Brokers – 208-484-8215 – email@example.com
Greenbelt magazine offers great feature articles on local businesses, news, views, a dining guide and information on upcoming entertainment. February’s line up includes great music, great theater, dance and film. Check out their calendar for full information, events being added daily.
Restuarnt Coupons to Give Away! – So Tell Us About Your Experience With RMA
- A free beverage at Dutch Bros. Any size, any drink, anywhere!
- $5 worth of Smash Burger coupons
- $10 off a $30 purchase at Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom
- $20 off a $40 purchase at the Cottonwood Grille.
Enter your name for a drawing for one of these discount coupons when you send a quick email to Claire@rentalsinboise.com to tell us what’s on your mind! Do you enjoy our newsletter? Do you use the VIT coupons? Do you have something nice to say about one of our employees? Do you have a suggestion of how we could better serve you? Let us know and you could win! All entries will also be entered into a grand drawing to be held later in the year.